The BattleBorn Battery wins in EVERY single metric except maybe for cost. It charges like lightning, stays charged, and uses power way more efficiently and lasts longer than the other two batteries I mentioned above. If you have a solar storage system of any kind you will benefit from this battery.
- Our 100 ah 12 volt Battle Born Battery is designed and assembled in Reno, NV. This LiFePO4 - lithium iron phosphate deep cycle battery is great for use in an RV, Boat or Off-grid power system. These can be used in 12, 24 36 and 48 volt systems.
- .For full time Vanlife (1 full cycle daily), it means an AGM battery will cost roughly $200 per year to operate and will last 3.5 years; while a Battle Born Lithium battery will cost roughly $120 per year to operate and will last 8 years. 5- Camper Van Wiring Diagram & Electrical System.
- The Battle Born BB10012 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Deep Cycle Battery are designed and made in beautiful Reno, Nevada, right down the street from your friends here at Inverters R Us! The stats are impressive, do yourself a favor and research what some say is the pinnacle of deep cycle, lithium ion battery technology.
- You can charge a Battle Born battery up to 5 times faster, although we only recommend that you charge at 50% of the capacity to extend the life of your battery. Keep in mind that you can charge a 100% the capacity of the battery, this will shorten the cycle life (our measurements indicate this would result in 2000 cycles with 80% capacity.
I took the $1000 plunge and got a BattleBorn 100 amp hour battery. I know it sounds crazy but there is literally NO COMPARISON between this battery and a Flooded Lead Acid battery (my first solar battery) or an AGM Deep Cycle Battery (my second solar battery).
The BattleBorn Battery wins in EVERY single metric except maybe for cost.
It charges like lightning, stays charged, and uses power way more efficiently and lasts longer than the other two batteries I mentioned above.
If you have a solar storage system of any kind you will benefit from this battery. I guarantee it. The biggest advantage is in depth of discharge (DOD). That means you can use the battery near death and it won’t damage it. Take a lead acid battery and use it below 50% of charge and you’ll damage it.
My charge controller is an Epever 20 amp Tracer BN 2215 MPPT. It does NOT have a Lithium Iron Phosphate setting but it does have a configurable USER mode. If you set the parameters manually you’ll have a perfect setup for maintaining your $1000 battery.
Here are the settings:
Battle Born Battery Discount
- Battery Type = USER
- Temp Compensation Coefficient = 0
- Charge Limit = 14.6
- Float Charge = 13.6
- Equalize Time = 0
That’s it. These settings were provided by BattleBorn Batteries specific to the Epever MPPT Tracer Charge Controllers.
100 Ah 12v Lifepo4 Deep Cycle Battery
BattleBorn LiFePO4 Battery in my system
Battle Born Battery Reviews
Also Battleborn provided me a Depth of Discharge charge which I thought was pretty cool.
Battle Born Lifepo4 Deep Cycle Battery
BattleBorn Batteries Depth of Discharge Chart for LiFePO4 battery (100 ah)